dimarts, 3 de juny del 2014

Oldest survivor dies

This news talk about the woman who has been the oldest survivor of the Nazi holocaust. 

Her name was Alice Herz-Sommer and has died in London after 101 of life. She is a Jewish women who was born in Prague in 1903 and since she was so litlle she has spent two years of her life in a Nazi camp that is located now in the Czech Republic. 


Alice Herz- Sommer has had one of the hardest life because she has lived some of the worst events in the world. Her husband was in one of the Camps too, and unfortunetly he died there. 

She was a normal girl who one of her pasions was play the piano, and spent the time with her family. She said that she played the piano still the sound was so loud that made her think that the camp wouldn't as bad as finally was. Despite that she has a terrible life she was so lucky to get out alive of the camps with her young son Stephan that helped his mother to survive. 

Now that this topic of all the dieds that the Nazi mades are investigate, one of the english channels had made a documentary about Alice Herz-Sommer's life is up for an Oscar.

I think that it's incredible how the people can make all these terrible things simply for have more power so the one that I can do is that althought that I don't know Alice, I'm so proud of her and  all the people who have been fighting all his life against dictators who repressed their ideas and traditions. 

Link:  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/language/wordsinthenews/2014/02/140224_witn_holocaust.shtml

What I've learnt?

humankindhumanitat

complain: queixar-se

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada